SELL YOUR BUSINESS
Continuing Your Legacy
One of the main advantages of selling your business to Lynx is that we truly understand small businesses. In many instances, the companies that we acquire are literally and figuratively “family businesses”. Following an acquisition, we will strive to maintain continuity, preserving the value, brand, employee culture, business relationships, and infrastructure that you have created. We understand that the future of your business reflects on you personally. Lynx will protect your good name by honouring your commitments to suppliers and customers.
- Understand your objectives and expectations
- Determine compatibility
2. Formulate a Proposal
- Establish the value range, key terms, and conditions
- Enter an exclusive non-binding agreement
3. Due Diligence
- Review customer / supplier information
- Interview key management
- Assess past, current, and likely future performance
- Operational, legal, and financial due diligence
- A binding agreement is drafted and negotiated by legal council
- The Binding agreement is signed by both parties
- Settlement and payment
- The vendor is often involved with the transition for 12 to 24 months
- Lynx will promote internal management or find new external management
Lynx’s investment strategy is to purchase high quality, stable cash flow producing entities at attractive purchase price multiples. Through Lynx’s large and ever-expanding network, Lynx reviews a constant flow of opportunities and is able to be selective in its pursuit.
Investment focus: Acquisitions of small to medium sized enterprises (“SME”)
Typical deal structure: 100% acquisition
Industry Focus: While Lynx is open to purchasing businesses across numerous industries, we have special knowledge of signage, home décor, and transportation.
Geographic focus: Lynx reviews opportunities in both Canada and the United States but prefers to acquire businesses that are within 6 hours driving distance of head office. Greater proximity to portfolio companies allows for more expeditious assistance and face-to-face contact.
Preferred deal size: Enterprise value of C$1,000,000 – $10,000,000
- Retiring entrepreneurs seeking transition
- Management Buyouts
Lynx investment strategy is focused on:
1. Recognizing Value in Niche Industries and Geographies
- Focus on companies with solid fundamentals and defensible competitive advantages
- Lynx applies a rigorous due diligence process covering legal, accounting and operational issues prior to closing.
2. Reduced Risk Structure
- Our investments are staged over time to hold back funds if there are any post-close issues.
3. Collusion to build Value
- Lynx will work with management to develop the strategic agenda including budgeting and growth goals.
- Lynx regularly conducts progress reviews and provides assistance as required.
- Act as a knowledgeable resource for HR and banking.
4. Realizing value
- Unlike most traditional private equity firms, Lynx does not rely on any liquidity event in order to provide its returns to investors.
- Through consistent cash flows generated by the portfolio companies, Lynx is able to pay its investors.
For more information on selling your business, please contact email@example.com.