May 3, 2023
POSITION: Junior Accountant
JOB TYPE: Permanent Full-Time
COMPANY: Lynx Equity Limited
BUSINESS TYPE: Private Equity
REPORTING: Reports to the Executive Vice President – Finance and Audit
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
START DATE: ASAP
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lynx Equity Limited (Lynx) is a Canadian-based private equity firm. Our portfolio is currently made up of over 50 small to mid-sized companies across North America, Europe, and the UK. This number will grow as we acquire new businesses.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a well-rounded individual to join our team. This challenging and rewarding role will entail daily accounting responsibilities, monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, assisting with financial reporting, month-end closing, and other general accounting duties. In order to succeed in this role, you will need to be organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process accounts payable transactions for the Company and ensure invoices are recorded at the correct level, obtain appropriate authorization and facilitate payment in a timely manner.
- Complete monthly reconciliation for all accounts (bank and brokerage accounts).
- Reconcile bank statements, expense reports, and credit card statements.
- Implement and maintain the expense reporting platform Concur.
- Administer Concur training and manage users across the parent organization and be the point of contact for external accountants.
- Administrate and manage AMEX user-profiles and credit cards on the Company.
- Perform bookkeeping and month-end closing for holding companies and other smaller operating companies.
- Assist with financial reporting.
- Minimum: degree in business, finance, or related field required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately, including percentages, fractions, decimals, and simple mathematical formulas.
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals.
- Billing experience is an asset.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Hybrid work arrangement.
- Desk hoteling in office.
- Ability to work in an open concept office with noise and distractions.
- Ability to work in the company’s office and sit for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity is required to use a desktop computer/laptop and peripherals.
- Due to the operational hours of our portfolio companies, this position requires occasional. flexibility to work outside of standard business hours.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Annual Salary $45,000 - $55,000 CDN depending on qualifications and experience.
- Three weeks annual vacation.
- Healthcare benefits.
- RRSP plan.
- Hybrid work arrangement.
- Casual in-office work environment.
- Office is TTC accessible.
HOW TO APPLY – Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No recruiters, phone calls, emails, or inquiries directly or through LinkedIn, please.
At Lynx Equity Limited, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.