Technical Support Specialist- Department: IT & Security
June 13, 2022
POSITION Technical Support Specialist
COMPANY Lynx Equity Limited
BUSINESS TYPE Private Equity
REPORTING Vice President of IT & Security
LOCATION Hybrid/Toronto Head Office
START DATE ASAP
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lynx Equity Limited (“Lynx”) is a private equity firm that owns and operates over fifty companies in various industries across North America, the United Kingdom, and Denmark. Operating exclusively in the “Small to Medium Enterprise” (SME) space, Lynx specializes in the purchase and operation of “old economy” businesses with long, proven track records and consistent cash flows.
Typically, Lynx purchases businesses from owners and/or founders who are seeking an outright sale in the absence of another succession plan. Because of the size of the businesses under consideration, Lynx is able to purchase its portfolio companies for very competitive prices, resulting in attractive, predictable returns.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Technical Support Specialist is part of a team mandated with the security, maintenance and support of the data and technology of Lynx and its subsidiaries in locations throughout the world. The Technical Support Specialist will have a strong focus on customer service, security, and quality and will be driven by bringing timely resolution to user requests/issues, and delivering quality, secure solutions to the organization.
This is a hybrid role, with the successful candidate expected to be in the Lynx office 1 – 2 days/week, working remotely at other times and travelling to various Lynx subsidiaries as required. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required. Ideally, the successful candidate will be located in the Greater Toronto Area, however, other locations may be considered.
We would like the successful candidate to start ASAP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide end user support, both remote and in-person
- Monitor environments
- Perform software installation/updates/upgrades
- Deploy new computers and servers
- Troubleshoot IT issues and problems
- Manage user accounts in on-prem Active Directory, Office 365, Azure AD and other sources
- Manage data backups
- Create knowledge base articles to support self-service
- Maintain asset management (Software, Hardware, RMA tracking, etc.)
- Travel to business locations as needed
- Other related projects as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in IT or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar role
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to triage and prioritize requests quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow documented processes and procedures
- Ability to document processes, procedures and knowledge base articles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple deliverables, prioritizing requests with attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to work flexible hours, which could include evenings and weekends
- Development experience (PHP, MySQL, MS Access, etc.) an asset
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Access multi-level offices with stair access only
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
The Technical Support Specialist communicates with and provides technical support to members at all levels of Lynx and its subsidiaries. Externally, they may also communicate with vendor and potential vendors.
COMPENSATION - $48,000-$60,000 + Benefits + RRSP Plan + Mileage for business travel
PERKS – Casual work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No recruiters, phone calls, emails, or inquiries through LinkedIn, please.
At Lynx Equity Limited, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.